HTML5 provides developers and website designers greater flexibility and allows websites to be more interactive, user-friendly and effective. HTML5 has arrived to help build ultra-modern websites and to cater to the ever increasing needs and expectations of the user. It introduces many cutting-edge features and as of today its use is widespread , whether you are a mobile web developer, an entrepreneur with unique business needs or just a game developer willing to explore the web as a new platform. The key feature of HTML5 for openness and interactivity on both web and mobile is definitely one of the chief attractions for web developers. The basic purpose of HTML5 is to improve the language with support for the latest multimedia, provide easy readability for humans and simple understanding for computers and other related devices.
These are small focused applications that can run on a browser or as a mobile application. The new version of HTML has features like offline storage (the ability to handle data even when the application is no longer connected to th e Internet) , geo-location (the ability to detect and work with the location of the user) as well as, excellent rich media support thus providing easy to implement audio and video elements.
HTML5 recognizes where the language has developed and incorporates those elements into the language with new tags for that type of content. As the web grew, developers got to understand that more often than not, they were describing the same types of elements. The original goal of HTML was to develop a language that could describe the structure a document should incorporate.
As HTML has widespread familiarity among developers and Web designers, it gives you a better shot at using your IT resources well. A single batch of code leads to less maintenance and a lower lifetime cost. They can thus reload a previously visited webpage fully even if they are temporarily offline. Some other advantages are-
- As it is deployed across multiple platforms therefore, you can develop the code once and the same can be used in many different markets.As HTML5 becomes more ubiquitous, it will offer a number of advantages for businesses that are building and deploying Web content.
- HTML5 offers more reliable storage options like the ability to save client-side data temporarily in a true SQL database rather than using cookies. Getting on the HTML5 platform now sets the stage for taking advantage of even more advanced options in the future as the language evolves.
- The development of HTML5 apps may lead to better mobile access to business intelligence in the future because, all devices with an HTML5 compatible browser will have the same ability to collect, collate and use data.
- Internal and external customers while using a business website will appreciate having a working offline application cache.
- It becomes easier for different employees to work together and divide project responsibilities therefore making the whole development process more manageable.
It is no exaggeration to say that HTML5 holds several advantages for business houses including simplicity, versatility, cost-savings, security and mobility. As HTML5 use becomes more widespread, it will offer a number of advantages for businesses that are building and deploying web content. The simple fact is that with HTML5, the browser is becoming a popular business platform.